- 1 ¾ cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, matcha, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together eggs and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- 3. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a whisk or a spatula and some muscle),cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 4. To the butter mixture, add the dry ingredients and the egg-vanilla mixture. Mix at medium until batter is smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. (Using a spatula will help avoid having flour flying all over the place!)
- 5. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips one cup at a time, until just combined. Cover and chill for 1 hour, up to overnight.
- 6. Once ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) and position rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 7. Scoop chilled cookie dough using 2-Tablespoon scoops, spacing them 3 inches apart. Bake cookies one tray at a time for 15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges. Keep the other prepared tray of cookies and any leftover dough in the fridge while they wait for their turn to bake.* Let cookies cool on the tray about 10 minutes to firm up before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.